We’ve been getting a lot of questions from our Healthful Evolution Members about coconut milk lately. The truth is we LOVE using coconut milk as a healthy alternative to regular dairy milk. It adds such a unique flavor and it works PERFECTLY in soups and stir-fries!! Check out this recipe for a Thai inspired vegetable stir fry 🙂
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 can chickpeas
- 4 handfuls spinach
- 2 handfuls kale
- 1 packet mushrooms
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 teaspoon of each: rosemary, thyme, oregano, paprika
- Pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Start by cooking the onion and mushrooms for 5-8 minutes to caramelize.
- Add chickpeas and garlic. Cook on medium high for 3 minutes covered.
- Add greens slowly, add coconut milk and allow the coconut milk to thicken.
- Bring to a simmer then reduce heat for 10 minutes. The milk will thicken with time.
- For a stew consistency keep cooking! For more of a “soup feel,” cook less.
- Add lemon juice.
- Top with pomegranate seeds for an extra burst of flavor.
- Serve and Enjoy 🙂