Vegetable Nachos Ingredients:
- 1 red beet (peeled and cubed)
- 2 potatoes (Nicole used a white potato, but a sweet potato would be great too! Cut into cubes, leaving the skin on is optional)
- 1 red onion (sliced thinly)
- 3 large carrots (peeled and cut into slices)
- 1 red cabbage
- 1 package of mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Chilli powder (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp onion (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine carrots, potatoes, oil, chili powder, coriander, cumin, garlic, onion, red pepper flakes and mix well. Spread the veggies evenly onto an 18×13 cookie sheet.
- Cut up the onion and add 1/2 of it to the pan that you’ve started the other roasted veggies. The other half is going to be cooked with the mushrooms so just set them aside. Add beets last the 18×13 pan.
- Pop the veggies in the oven and start a timer for about 25-30 minutes.
- While the veggies are cooking start to sauté mushrooms in a pan for about 5 minutes, then add the onion that you set aside earlier. Continue cooking for about 5 more minutes.
- Make the Cheese sauce and Cashew Sour Cream to top the “Nacho” with.
- Start building your Nachos! Your Red Cabbage is your “tortilla chip”. Peel the leaves off and then add the roasted veggies, mushrooms/onions, cashew cheese sauce, and cashew sour cream. Yum!
**Optional- Amy’s Vegan Refried Beans! Add them to the “nacho” 🙂