Stuffed Peppers with Pesto Rice
Stuffed Peppers w/ Pesto Rice
Hi all! I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy! Check out this healthy and hearty Stuffed Peppers recipe.
- 1 cup Trader Joes Wild Rice (or any rice)
- 2 cups of water (for rice)
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 package Cremini Mushrooms (Chopped)
- Splash of Veggie broth (to cook your veggies in)
- Vegan Kale Cashew Basil Pesto (From Trader Joes)
- Pre-packaged Slaw
- 2 Bell peppers (whatever color you want :) today, we used red and orange)
- Start by preheating your oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook the wild rice by bringing 2 cups of water and 1 cup of rice to a boil. Once it's boiling, reduce to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes or until the water has all been absorbed. While the rice is cooking you can start cooking your mushrooms and other "pepper stuffing".
- Add cut up mushrooms and 3 cloves of garlic to a separate pan. This will be sauteing for roughly 12 minutes.
- In (another) separate pan (while the mushrooms are cooking) add the pre-packed slaw and start sautéing for about 6 minutes. We are looking really to just warm this up for a few minutes!
- Once the mushrooms are done, combine the slaw with the mushrooms.
- Nicole added to the mushrooms some tofu scramble (w/ nutritional yeast, red pepper flakes), cannellini beans, and cauliflower because it was all leftover in her fridge! These are all optional! Feel free to get creative- add anything you have left in your fridge. Continue cooking for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the Vegan Kale Cashew Basil Pesto to the rice once the rice is done cooking.
- Start stuffing your peppers- Cut the tops off and rinse the seeds out. Fill up a pepper with 1/2 rice, and 1/2 mushroom blend.
- Bake in the oven for roughly 15-20 minutes and it's ready to be served!