The fall season is the perfect time to get creative in the kitchen with soup recipes‚Äč and this month, Nicole used a can of Amy's soup to create a Fall Surprise dish. Not all Amy‚Äč's soups are WTI approved, so you want to make sure you look at the ingredient list, but this is a good one! You can add more broth or even blend it into a creamy soup-like consistency if that's what you're looking for. By using a ready-made soup and some extra veggies, Nicole made a meal out of convenience go further and tastier. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 2 cups mushrooms (or one packet)
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 orange bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 zucchinis (sliced horizontally in 1/4 inch thick circles)
- 1 can black beans‚Äč (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can Amy's Lentil Soup (low sodium)
- Vegetable broth for sautéing
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups Spinach
- 1 Tbs Rosemary (or to taste)
- 1 Tbs Oregano (or to taste)
- 1 Tbs Thyme (or to taste)
- 1 Tbs Paprika (or to taste)
- 1 Radish (Sliced in thin circles, to top)
- Heat up a pan over medium heat with a splash of veggie broth. We use veggie broth instead of oil, so you will want to keep a closer eye on it than you would if you were using oil.
- Add mushrooms, onions, and garlic to the pan and start cooking for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add zucchini and peppers. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add spices, we typically do equal parts of rosemary, oregano, thyme, and paprika. If you don’t like any of these particular spices you can always substitute for whatever you like.
- Add the drained and rinsed beans, lentil soup, and cook about 2-3 minutes (enough time to warm the soup up)
- Add the juice of your lemon and spinach. Cook until the spinach starts to wilt and turns to a really pretty green.
- Top with Radish. Enjoy :)