Cauliflower "Fried Rice"
Cauliflower "Fried" Rice
This is such a great alternative to rice and making this can be can be so easy! All you have to do it cut up your cauliflower into little florets and add them to any high-speed blender or food processor. Blend until it starts to look like a rice. We used a couple of different veggies (peppers, shallots, peas, carrots, and turnip greens). This week, we also used frozen peas and carrots, which is something we don't do often! Although local produce is always best, frozen veggies are great also. Especially having them as back up food in your freezer. When you are using frozen veggies just remember to never microwave them in their plastic bag! Enjoy this recipe!
- 1 1/2 heads of Cauliflower
- 4 large cloves garlic
- 3 Shallots
- 3 peppers (red, yellow, orange)
- 2 bags of peas and carrots
- 1 ½ cups turnip greens
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- Liquid Amino (3 sprays, or to taste)
- Cut up cauliflower and blend in a food processor.
- Blend until it turns into a “rice”.
- Chop up your garlic and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Cut up peppers and shallots and add to a pan with vegetable broth and start to sauté.
- Add garlic to pan, cook for about 10-12 minutes or until cooked.
- In a separate pan add the peas and carrots from the frozen bag and bring to a boil.
- Boil for about 5-8 minutes or until cooked.
- Chop up turnip greens and add to the pan with shallots, peppers, and garlic.
- Mix together cauliflower rice to your turnip greens, shallots, peppers, and garlic.
- Add peas and carrots.
- Spray to taste liquid amino (2-3 sprays), and to taste red pepper flakes (about 1 tbsp). Enjoy :)
« Back to Blog