This recipe was inspired by our Wellness Director Nicole's favorite holiday dish growing up... cheesy potatoes! She created this delicious dairy-free version of the classic dish, try it out for your next party or holiday!
- 5 white potatoes
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cup vegetable broth (low-sodium)
- 1 package of organic tempeh
- 1 tbsp. liquid aminos
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- ½ cup cashews, soaked 6-8 hours or overnight
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Pre-Heat oven to 350F.
- Heat a large pot of water, and boil 5 potatoes (set timer for 20 minutes)
- Heat a saucepan on medium low in ½ cup vegetable broth, and add onions. Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Cut the tempeh into lengthwise slices, add to a separate saucepan. Heat saucepan on medium low with ½ cup vegetable broth, and 1 tsp. liquid aminos, cook on medium low for about 5 minutes.
- Once potatoes are cooked through, chop into approx. 1 inch cubes & add to a casserole pan.
- For cheese sauce: Blend cashews, lemon juice, ½ cup vegetable broth, 1 tablespoon dijon mustard, and nutritional yeast in a food processor (add more broth if needed to thin, or more cashews to thicken).
- After onions have been cooking for about 15 minutes add on top of the potatoes, then add in tempeh. Pour the cheese sauce on top.
- Bake on 350F for 15 minutes. Check potatoes with a fork to make sure they are cooked through.
*You could also add sauteed kale to this.
« Back to Blog