Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa
Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
This recipe takes about 15 minutes of prep, and 15 minutes to bake! It is great to make for dinner, or for a weekly food prep. Enjoy!
- 2 cups quinoa (rinsed and soaked)
- 3 bell peppers
- 1 bushel kale (chopped / shredded)
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Spices: Cayenne, Corriander, Thyme 1 tsp each (or to taste)
Add 2 cup quinoa & 4 cups water to a saute pan. Bring to a boil, then lower to a low simmer and cover for 15 minutes or until most of the water has evaporated. You will know the quinoa is cooked because it will have a small tail that pops up.
*It is always good to soak quinoa for 5-8 hours or overnight to remove the protective coating quinoa has called saponin. If you can't soak quinoa, a quick rinse will also work.
- While the quinoa is cooking heat vegetable broth in a large saucepan, and add the onion and garlic. Cook for 3-5 minutes on low. Stirring frequently.
- Add kale, nutritional yeast, and spices. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- When the quinoa is done cooking, add it do the onions and garlic. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Cut off the tops of the bell peppers, and scoop out any seeds on the inside.
- Stuff the peppers with the quinoa veggie mix.
- Place the stuffed peppers in the stove at 375F for 15 minutes.
- Depending on the size of the peppers, you may have leftover quinoa you can save for other meals throughout the week!
« Back to Blog